Saturday, February 16, 2013

Photographic maturity: the want to evolve

One of the things that I have noticed over the years as I continue to work on my photography is the evolution of my photographic genre, and more specifically my preference towards certain stylistics. I guess most photographers would undergo through that evolution of sorts, whether continuously or at discrete points of their lives. And maybe perhaps this change could result due to a change in certain aspects of their lives, most probably a major one.

But more than just about the change in genre, the important factor is the need for that photographic maturity to evolve and develop itself. It sometimes does take time for one's maturity to seed and germinate, and for some, it takes longer than others. But change you must, lest you'd be caught in a situation where none of your 2 pictures or more are different.

Cloud Forest@Gardens By The Bay, Singapore. Photo by irfan darian/idgraphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment